Wednesday, January 16, 2008

This week's *SPT*



So this weeks *SPT* from Lelly was

is there a part of you, a part of your home, a part of your creativity that gets more attention from you than anything else? when you look at your reflection, do you automatically zoom in on a feature you love or you loathe? when you are in your creative space, is there one project that gets your attention before all the others?

I have thought about this all week. I have thought "hum, I'm not very creative" then I went back and re-read the challenage & I started thinking

This is the part of me that gets more attention than anything else



Yep, My kiddos! I spend my most of my day making sure they are safe & taken care of. Anyone with kids knows they take up most of your every waking moment. As long as they are happy, I'm happy. I don't think that's neccessarily a bad thing if there are some limits. My kids don't have the newest things out on the shelves & they don't have designer clothes BUT they are happy with what they have.

I worried on Christmas Eve that they wouldn't be happy with what they got from Santa & Tyson kept telling me it would be fine. um, I haven't heard one complain from any of them about what they got & they are still playing with it. That makes me happy.

So while I love my kiddos, I've decided that this year is going to be about ME! So I have made the commitment to run a 5K this year & actually so far I've been running for 3 weeks. I've decided that just because I'm a mommy doesn't mean I have to let myself go! I'm excited for this year & I hope to make it the very best yet!

So I hope this makes a little sense & doesn't come across as just rambling! haha

5 comments:

Francie said...

I saw you were on Lelly's blog roll this week and I thought of how truly creative you are. Your scrapbooks are fabulous, you came up with a super bridesmaids gift for Lisa's wedding and there are a hosts of many more talents you possess. The blog world is inspiring but I am so lucky to know you personally and know what a terrific person you are!!!!!
Plus...you guys are the sweetest family ever :)

sockiepuppetsmom said...

That is so sweet! See I knew you could come up with something:)

crystal said...

It is so true: as mommys, our biggest project is our children. I really love your post.

And go YOU for doing the 5k! Are you new to running? I love, love, love it. And 5k's are the best race. I know lots of blog-girls do marathons, but I just really love a 5k or 10k. You'll have so much fun!!!

(gotcha off lelly's linky)

Unknown said...

that's a great take on spt this week. upon closer look, i think many of us find that our kids get the majority of our attention.

your kiddos are adorable! i hope to read some more of your creative blogposts soon. welcome to spt!

Jessica said...

Ack, I have fallen off of the 5K wagon, but I'm gonna get back on. It's too dang COLD to go running!!