So today I took the girls skating. I decided to put on a pair myself. I didn't make it out running b/c it was too cold (i'm a whimp) but I roller skated for about 1 1/2 hours so that counts for something right.
Here's my POTD

My skates It's the best picture i could get of myself.

Heather & Alayna
Alayna didn't want to leave when it was time to go. She never came off the floor she was getting pretty good by the time we left. I think she had a good time.

Caroline & Abby
This is Caroline's friend from preschool. We don't get to see her much anymore but her mom called this morning to see if Caroline could come play tomorrow and we were talking and we were both going skating. Caroline was so excited to see her friend. Caroline enjoyed skating today too~the first time. She skated the whole time. When they turned out the lights and turned on the disco ball she said what's happening? It was so funny.
We had a great day!


8 comments:
We used to go skating all the time when I was a kid but the skating rink was all nice and new. Nowadays it's hard to find a nice rink that plays good music.
I wish you had called! I LOVE LOVE LOVE to skate. And Carsyn has been begging to go!
The name of that skating rink was called Skate-A-Rama. We just drove by it a couple of days ago. It is so run down and sad looking. That skating rink opened when I was in the 6th grade. Our end of year class trip was to Skate-A-Rama. I won the girls fast skate of the entire 6th grade. I felt so cool!
Check out Natalie's mom's blog--Gramtastic. Way too funny!
Roller skating.... I used to LOVE that! I remember in the early 80's that was the *thing* to do for parties, school field trips, etc. Skating was big!
Your grandpa Atherton put a pair of skates on me when I was 2 years old. I skated up until 1999 when I fell and fractured my wrist skating in the kitchen. Oooops! Oh no. I'm going to tell how many years I skated up until that point, but once you get past 45 years you are getting closer. I used to do an exercise class on roller skates. Fun, fun, fun. LOL
Heather is such a cutie. She sure is growing up. Looks like Alayna and Heather are having fun together.
Looks like you guys had fun! I see you figured out the playlist, sorry I was no help with that!
Post a Comment