in the U.S., we are in the charmed time of early summer, between Memorial Day and Independence Day. school is winding down. the pools are open. the grills are fired up. we linger longer in beds made up with crisp cottons. and freshly bathed children smile up at us with sun-kissed cheeks before dreaming of strawberries and picnics and fireflies. it is a magical time of year.
we have the chance to honor our history during this time of year. to remember how our nation came to be. to remember those who have lived and died to protect the things we hold most dear. no matter what country you call home, there is opportunity here to celebrate every homeland. every nation.
i hope you will recognize these challenges - they are all borrowed from patriotic songs. and there is so much room for creativity within these lyrics.
tuesday, june 3rd the emblem of the land i love
tuesday, june 10th the twilight's last gleaming
tuesday, june 17th my home sweet home
tuesday, june 24th stars and/or stripes forever
Ok so I missed the first 2 weeks of the challenge! But I couldn't resist a chance to talk about my HOME SWEET HOME!

I love my new home (it's still new to me!) I don't know if it's because it's our first home that we've bought, or is it because it's so convenient for my life right now, or is it because I just LOVE it.
I love that it's a place we can call home.
I love that it is ours.
I love the big kitchen.
I love the big backyard.
I love the big living room.
I love my HOME SWEET HOME!
but (this part is for my uncle Ron):)everyone who knows me knows I can't live without some kind of project going or in my head. Really~I mean how long do I stop? NEVER
I was telling Tyson (by the way, he just loves this about me NOT!!!) that I would like to add on to the back of our house. haha He wasn't crazy about the idea. He told me I needed to find someone who knew what they were doing. HUM, you think that's going to be a challenge for me? HA I said "I'll just call my uncle Ron."
OK photo #1

this is the back wall to our bedroom. Through that window is our bedroom. This is where the new thought started. I would like to add on a new laundry room on this wall. My current laundry room is right next to it. I would like to make that window a door & make a new BIGGER laundry, then make my current laundry room a food storage pantry (because I have no where to put my food storage.) Ok so of course if you KNOW me you know I can't stop there, so then I thought we could add another room here just to make the whole back part of the house even. I really think it would just be making our kitchen & dining room bigger. (mum's the word on this part~I haven't mentioned this to Tyson)

Ok so then in this picture

I would like to add on a little big to make it even with the rest and make it a bedroom for Heather (bye, bye goldfish pond!) The main thing is I don't want one of the walls in all the new part to be brick, is that changeable?
So while I'll totally love my home, I would like to add on to make it a little bigger, then I would be completely satisfied (Yeah~right! I know)
*What do you think~is my dream project too much?*
*Do you love your HOME SWEET HOME?*
*Do you participate in Lelly's SPT's?*


4 comments:
Those sound like great ideas! I love my home as well. And when you do these personal touches, it makes it even more of a 'home' in stead of just a house to live in. We've moeved around a lot and are here to stay. I'm happy we will have this house full of memories for our kids to come back to someday with their kids! :o)
Ah the American dream. I'm living in a 700 sq. foot house. I thought I could do without a lot of space. I'm finding I need more space. My garage is 724 sq. feet. Hum? After living in a 2300sq. foot space, I think adding on is a terrific idea. Now how can I finance that in these troubling times? Good luck.
Aunt Mary
I read this post to Ron. If we can figure out the gas situation...we'll have to come for a visit..
Your house is lovely and the grass is so green.
Post a Comment