Sunday, June 29, 2008

~A Fun Time~

and no pictures to show for it. Our bishop at Church has encouraged us to invite non-member families into our home just to fellowship with them. Tyson & I have lots of friends who are not members of our Church. We probably actually have more non-member friends than we do member friends. Tyson & I love having people over for dinner, so we really don't think about the challange our bishop has given us until we are through entertaining. We just love to be around our friends.

One reason I love our house is because it is big enough to entertain people and you don't feel crowded. So I have made friends with 2 girls I work with & their families. We try to get together every couple of weeks and have dinner & just hang out. We all have kids and they get along so well.

Last night they came over for tacos. We had 9 kids here. We sent the kids outside to play & we never heard from them unless they were asking for supper!

The adults had a great time hanging out and so did the kids. Although it was a late night for all of us, we really had a great time!

My friend, Pam, made this Cheesecake and it's one of our favorites!

2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or
almond extract
1/2 cup margarine or
butter, melted
1/2 cup cinnamon sugar


Using a 9 x 13 baking pan, unroll one package of refrigerated crescent rolls and line the bottom of the pan.
Flatten.
Mix together the cream cheese, sugar and extract.
Spread over the crescent rolls.
Unroll the other can of crescent rolls and place on top of cream cheese mixture.
Pour one stick of melted butter or margarine over the top and sprinkle with about 1/2 cup of the cinnamon sugar mixture.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.


I promise if you make it you won't be disappointed. Let me know what you think!

I'll try to remember to take pictures next time of the crew!

Don't forget to tune in tomorrow for MPM!

2 comments:

grammy said...

Hey that sounds like a good sweet to take to uncle ron and aunt franci's big 4th of July celebration I am working that day so I'll have to see if cinderella will make it

sockiepuppetsmom said...

Sounds yummy! I can't wait to try it! Talk to you on Friday:) I hope you have a great week!!