Sunday, June 29, 2008

Another Project...

I've been working on this for awhile now~well, not really working on it but with everything else it just took me a little while to get my ducks in a row.

I have this sign hanging in my house



My mom bought it from someone she knew several years ago. A while back a friend came over and she LOVED it~She had just bought a new house and was getting ready to have a housewarming party. I had no clue what to buy her for her shower so I told her I would make her a sign like mine. She was so excited! So with the help of my dear sweet husband~I made this




She loved it & I've had several requests for more! A few have even encouraged me to start selling them like for Christmas gifts. We'll see~


Tyson has been checking trotlines with his friend Justin. Last night Tyson stayed home but Justin stopped by to show him this giant 60 pounder~Tyson of course couldn't resist the opportunity to go help Justin skin the catch! (I sorta sent him on his way too! hehe)

7 comments:

Francie said...

That is a really big fish...a catfish? Do you freeze those and then eat them later? I think that one Tyson is holding would feed alot of people.

Mary said...

Wow! I can't believe that fish. I guess those catfish are close to home? After the cleaning, what? I have the local cannery pack my fish to use later, but that is because I don't skin/clean fish. Uck! So far just fish and chips with my catch.

grammy said...

Wow what a big fish! The sign is cute too. You should do some craft shows and do different signs and then take orders for ones with names you did a good job you could also have a website and sell signs and come up with other creative ideas. Sometimes you have to take a chance and do it see if it suceeds if not try something else L

sockiepuppetsmom said...

Holy Cow those are HUGE!! I think you should totally sell that sign. You could list them on etsy.

Kelly said...

Way to go! It turned out gorgeous!

lisa said...

I love the sign. I wish I were as talented as you are.

Missy said...

Wow! What a fish!

Those signs are so cool! You could totally sell those on ebay!!

You've been posting a lot! I just played catch up and I love your blog design!! So adorable....