Sunday, April 06, 2008

Busy Sunday

This weekend was Conference weekend for our church. Since we have direct tv we were able to watch it at home. I actually got a lot done this weekend since Soccer & softball were cancelled due to the storms on Friday the fields were too wet.

I got my cabinets finished FINALLY. Tyson hung them too. We were one hinge short b/c when we bought hinges we picked up one that wasn't the same as the rest. Tyson's got to run to lowe's for a few other things tomorrow so he can pick on up then. I need something to go over my sink on the board that is there. It's kind of plain.







Tyson cousin Kassi & I have talked about having Tyson's mom cook for us & finally we asked her to do it. She comes once a week & cooks up some meals that will freeze then we just thaw and eat. Sometimes we add sides. It's been really nice & my freezer has been full. It really helps on the nights when we know we only have a few minutes to spare for dinner & it keeps us from having to eat out. Tonight we had chicken spaghetti. It was yummy! I made some cheddar cheese rolls like they serve at Red Lobster. The kids all ate so I consider dinner a success.




I need to find some more yummy meals.

Then I also made cupcakes & muffin heads (it's just the top of the muffins) for the kids. They were so excited! I used my Pampered Chef decorator (that I've never used) to put the icing on & they look nearly professional if I do say so myself. I let the kids put the sprinkles on. They were some my mom sent us & they were white. I thought they were pink & red!





We made the kids sit down and listen to President Monson's last talk of conference this afternoon! It was really good & I love hearing his words! We've recorded it so we can go back and watch the others. Tyson was working so I'll watch it again with him throughout the week!

Have a great week!

6 comments:

Missy said...

OK, you are making me hungry! and it's too late to eat! Seriously, that looks so good.

And your cabinets are great! Good job.

President Monson was so funny today, huh?! I loved it.

sockiepuppetsmom said...

What a busy weekend it has been! I love the cabinets and I have been wanting to make cupcakes for weeks!

Holly said...

Those cupcakes--oh MY!

Thanks for visiting my blog the other day. Good luck with your running--one foot in front of the other!

Your cabinets look so nice. I'm sure that was a big job.

Anonymous said...

Okay how do you get your mother in law to cook for you? Mine doesnt even call us!! LOVE the cabinets. Looks really fresh and new!

Anonymous said...

Autumn...I just got a bunch of freezer meal recipes that DON'T taste like leftovers if you are interested. They are easy and I have a good variety- Let me know if you are interested.

Faith said...

The cabinets look great!