It was a really neat place to go, so if you ever get the chance to go~DO IT! They only do the re-enactment once a year in April.
We visited the Battleship first. We spent an hour & a half just looking through the ship & we still didn't get to see it all. After we visited the ship, we stopped to eat lunch.




the dentist office on board

the scuttlebutt

a sailors locker
Then we headed over to the re-enactment. They do the re-enactment in front of the monument. We didn't actually get to go into the monument but I would like to go back and visit it again.
They had their camps set up & they were dressed in period dress. This is Sam Houston. The kids were able to ask questions & the people would answer in character.

Some of the people actually spent the night at the campgrounds last night in their tents.

Ladies who were cross-stitching at their camp

Heather in the Army~As we were walking around the camps, some soliders were recruiting for the Texas Army. They let the kids pick up the mussets & they taught them how to march into war. It was really neat~although Heather didn't think so!

Mexican Soliders

General Santa Ana

These Mexican Soliders were really good. When they took pictures they had a little chant they said to the people they were posing with.
We had a great day & I definitely say go to this if you ever get the chance!


4 comments:
Looks like a fun time!
How fun! Do they do it all year long?
now you know why we are all so PROUD to be from Texas. After all it is the BEST place to live. I grewup with it, but still love to visit the Battleship.
I grew up in that area, so I have been to the Battleship several times with school, girl scouts, boy scouts(my mother was den mother for my brother), etc... But, I have never seen the re-enactment. That looks too cool.
Post a Comment