Take for example, this past weekend we went to Mesquite to participate in Destination Imagination If you have any way to participate in this program, I strongly suggest it for your kids. It is a lot of hard work and time, but it is so worth it in the end!
Heather's team got 3rd place in their division! They were so excited! They were a first year team & had a 50 pt deduction for an illegal procedure so we thought for sure they wouldn't get anything! They also WOW'ed the judges with their use of Spanish in their skit so they got a DaVinci Award for Creativity! We were so excited! They worked really hard and we were so proud of them! Their coach was super awesome with them too! She did a great job! Thanks Carol!

ok so i thought if we can get past County Fair (which by the way, both kids got blue ribbons for their projects) & then DI, we'll be ok! No Dice!
As I'm leaving school today, I get a phone call from a strange number~hum, it's Heather's softball coach's wife! They start practicing tomorrow. ACK!!! Which means I should be getting a call from the other 2's soccer coach!
Cub Scouts got switched to Monday nights which is good right now, but what if they want to practice soccer on Monday nights then what are we going to do? UGH!!!!
See where I should be saying NO! Although Cub Scouts is almost over~thank goodness!

While we were in Mesquite, my mom & step-dad drove down to meet us & bring us their treadmill. Tyson & I were thinking about buying one & I remembered they had one & I've never seen it used! So I called and asked for it~the only stipulation was we couldn't give it back. (it's a running joke in the family~no pun intended!!!!) I told my mom by the time we were ready to give it back gas would be $5 a gallon and it wouldn't be worth the drive! We'll just put it out by the curb. haha
So I decided that I needed to get on it! I've been so depressed since I haven't been able to run for one reason or the other! I told Tyson that today was the day we were starting back! Of course, I'm sick AGAIN!!! & it's cold & rainy outside~Thank goodness for a treadmill.

This is the combo that got me through my workout! For the record, I don't have the flu but I thought the meds might work better than what I was taking!
I REALLY should have my head examined! I am sure after this post someone will offer to pay for it! I'm sure this combination can't be a good one & i'll regret this tomorrow, but I needed to do it! So I got out on the treadmill & started back running again! I had to go back to week 2 but it felt good. About 1/2 through I thought "ok I'll just go 1/2 a mile today. After all, I am sick." But I got to that point and thought ok I can make it a little further. So I did. Everytime I wanted to quit~for some dumb reason, beyond me~I kept going! See I told someone will be offering to have my head examined! If you know me very well at all, you know I'm the least likely to WANT to exercise!

Here's what I looked like when I finished! See my red nose? that's from spending the past 3 days blowing it! ugh~I had to wear my glasses b/c I was in no mood to deal with my contacts today~& my hair is pulled back b/c I can't stand to have it down!
So see if you aren't offering to pay to have my head examined after I posted that picture something is wrong with YOU!!!!
I did FINALLY say No to something~My mom took off next week for Spring Break & tried to sucker me into bringing the kids to see her~HA~good try madre! I told her I was sending them to her & even canceling their dentist appointments! I am going to be redoing my kitchen I've talked about for so long! Tyson even said he might take a couple of days off to help~we'll see!
Just a few more days, Hopefully by Wednesday I'll have these in my sweet little hands.


and some new curtains for my living room! I'll have to post those when I get them!
Have a great week! TOODLES!!!!


4 comments:
Well I hope that you feel better. I have been sick too, except I had the flu. Tell your mom she can have my kids we are not that far apart. LOL I know you will love yoru Cricut I do. Where is the table going? It is pretty. me likey
i'm going to put the table in the entry way under our family picture. I can't wait to get it here & get it decorated!
I like the table....green with envy over the cricut, but mostly I wanna know what you are going to re-do in your kitchen. Give us the 411!
Are you really sending the kids up?
I think I'll have to check out what a Cricut is...no clue. Related to scrapbooking? I started working out again. Walked 2 miles yesterday. woohoo!
Post a Comment