Tuesday, March 25, 2008

An Update FINALLY...*SPT I guess*

EDITED: This week's SPT was

while the kiddos are hunting eggs, take a moment to hunt for something *eggs*tra special about your weekend.

so since this post was about our Easter I will make it my SPT also!


I know I've been a slacker! Life has been so crazy we don't know if we are coming or going these days. I finally told the Instructional Specialist at school that I could no longer do Extended Day at school. She wasn't too happy about it but it wasn't really worth it to me to do it. Anyways, on Friday Caroline asked to go to the park, so I took her & Jed for a few minutes. Here's a few pictures of them. My camera battery died while we were there & then there was a little girl who wet her pants and she was sliding all over everything. I got kinda grossed out so I made the kids leave! I guess if you think about it there's no telling what kind of NASTY is on the park playground! EWWWWWW!!!!

Jed apparently doesn't remember his broken arm from the summer b/c he was trying to do all kinds of tricks on the playground!





Saturday afternoon we went to our friend the Huntsman's house for their annual Easter weekend cookout. They had an egg hunt for the kids & then a treasure dig for the kids too. And good food for the adults.:) We had a lot of fun!





Saturday was Tyson's 34th Birthday. I asked if I could bring a cake to the cookout and they didn't mind so I did.




Happy Birthday Honey!

Sunday we went to church then we went to Broaddus to visit with Tyson's family. It was fun. Tyson's aunt Deby is always coming up with some crazy idea. This time she had some of these giant gift sacks left over from Christmas. She said we are going to have a family sack race. It didn't work out well though because we couldn't get all of the family to hop at the same time. Oh well it ended up in some laughs!



Here's the kids with their Easter buckets. Jed told me this year he didn't like his~I guess it was too babyish. So I went to Hobby Lobby and bought this red bucket for $3 and then came home and cut his name out on my Cricut machine with the white vinyl. I was so impressed with the way it turned out! The one he was carrying is the one Caroline has in her picture~she decided that would be her bucket & she had one kind of like the one Heather has in her picture.




Yesterday was back to the grindstone & it was super busy. When the end of the day finally came around I told someone~I had no clue how I got there from the beginning of the day. Today was a little better. Only 9 1/2 more weeks of school & I think someone today said 47 more days until SUMMER!!! Oh and the kitchen it's still not finished! It may be summer before it gets done!

2 comments:

sockiepuppetsmom said...

Crap...I didn't know it was Tyson's birthday!?! Looks like a busy weekend...I can't wait for summer either but do you think it will be any slower??

Mary said...

Happy belated birthday to Tyson. It look's like the kids had a lot of fun, but I'm sure it was a bit of work for you. They look so happy. Get that camera battery up and working. I just love seeing your photos. Oh what am I saying. I'm such a slacker myself when it comes to my blog. LOL