Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Well the list only part way worked...POTD 9/17/08

I did manage to get a few things marked off my list today, things such as get Pop Rocks & eye dr! They were the two most important things I needed to get done today! Yep, Surprise Jed has reading glasses now!! I took him to the eye dr yesterday and the result was that he was slightly farsighted & since he doesn't care for school & struggles with his reading a little bit, the dr said this would help take the strain off his eyes and magnify the words for him. So far he loves them!


A friend of mine from work still does not have power so she came over this morning to take a hot shower and to wash some clothes, so I visited with her this morning until the kids ran her out by begging for Pop Rocks.


The kids have discovered the store down the road has ICEEs so that is their favorite treat now. So we got ICEES & Pop Rocks this morning for breakfast/lunch! HAHA

Go ahead and pass the MOM of the YEAR award this way! I'll be waiting!

The kids are all spending the night with someone else (or at least they were when I left them). We'll see how many end up calling and begging to come home in a little while! I'm sure Tyson will want to go to bed when he gets home from a meeting at Church, so I MIGHT stay up and get the floors mopped or do something else productive! I took like a 3 hour nap this afternoon so I'm sure I'll have plenty of energy! And tomorrow they are going to play at another friends house for a little while so I might get some more stuff marked off!:)

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Save a spot for me on the podium -- I am guilty of letting my kids have leftover cake for breakfast! My kids love Pop Rocks too.

sockiepuppetsmom said...

At least your kids had fun today. I was a mean mom and made them help clean up our yard!

Faith said...

Tell Jed his new glasses looke sharp!

I have a good friend who does not have A/C in her house (by choice). So on really hot, summer nights, so will occasionally let her kids have ice cream with fruit for supper. They LOVE it!

Missy said...

Jed looks great! And you guys had fun creating memories, right? That's a good way to look at the not-so-healthy meals we sneak in once in a while!