Monday, September 15, 2008

POTD 9/13/08, 9/14/08, 9/15/08~Hurricane Ike Edition!

right after my last post on Saturday we lost power & we have been without power or internet since! Needless to say I've gotten a lot of reading done since then! HAHA
I have 3 pictures to show you from the last couple of days & a video~


The first is one of the things that has been our lifesaver~The generator! I think this should be a manadatory piece of equipment in every home! If you don't have one, get one regardless of where you live! Really, we never really knew our power was out. We could use the bathroom with a light, we could run the ceiling fans & the window unit a/c with it. Our freezer & fridge never stopped! It's awesome!


The next is the a/c we bought to sleep with~it was great~We ran this and our ceiling fan with our bedroom door closed for 2 nights and never missed a beat. If you've ever been to our house you know how cold we like it. This worked like a charm!


Pioneer girl~NO? We had a grill to cook on, but Tyson's been cutting trees & I haven't been trained on how to use it properly. So this morning I brought out the griddle to cook pancakes & then Tyson told me before he left that I could use that to cook ravoli's on later, so that's what I did! It worked like a charm!:)

So we've made it through yet another hurricane with minimal damage & suffering! I really felt prepared this time around~I think it might get a little easier each time b/c we will think of something we didn't have the time before!

So run out and buy your generator TODAY!!!!

8 comments:

Francie said...

Glad you're back. I told Ron that I wanted a generator for my birthday! I got a water softener last year. You guys are so resourceful. I'm truly thankful that everyone in your house in safe and sound. :)

Francie said...

oops "is" safe and sound

Laura said...

I'm glad you are okay. What is the video of? I wish we had a generator when Hurricane Katrina hit. It got so hot in our house!!

Mrs. McDaniel said...

shoot I forgot about the video I'll load it later!

sockiepuppetsmom said...

Yay! You're up and running again:) I'm glad you had a generator, we need one but we probably wouldn't stay anyway.

Mary said...

I'm thinking about a generator. We lose power for about a week every winter. I just can't decide what size to get. Small house, small generator? Maybe? I need to get it sorted out soon. I do have a wood stove to cook on though. Comes in handy. Glad all is good for you and yours.
Aunt Mary

Anonymous said...

Glad you are all safe. You were brave to stay!

So what kind of generator is it? How big, etc?? Also how many gallons of gas did it take a day to use it?

j bell said...

we have one, well two... I am so glad when we had the ice storm last winter I was so glad we had one. We just bought another one for my parents to borrow, but they had already borrowed one from my brother cause his electricity came back on so I guess we are REALLY prepared now....