Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I {HEART} Nike +

The counselor at our school has been losing weight and of course I notice~I swear I'm obsessed BUT way too lazy to get off my butt and do anything about it! I guess just add it to my list of illnesses~

Anyways, enough about me really~so of course I asked her what she's been doing & she shares her secret of course it isn't the magic one I was hoping for BUT at least it was fun!:)

I had heard about the NIKE PLUS website, but really didn't know how it worked. But my friend, Missy, told me all about it. You have to have an ipod, the nike plus shoes, & the nike plus sensor. You don't really have to have the shoes, there's another way to use it without buying the shoes~Anyways, I had the IPOD & the shoes (I bought by accident), and I had $15 in Target gift cards so I went & bought the sensor~

You can sign up for challenges on the website and then you compete by the number of miles you walk. Missy was kind enough to let me join in with her family~So we are having a lot of fun with it.

If you decide you want to try it out, let me know and we can create our own private challenge!

In other exercise news, I know at the beginning of the year I said I was going to run a 5k~unfortunately with the kids & life things have gotten in the way & running has been put on the back burner~I had planned on running a 5k this coming Saturday at Kemah~um, well it's a good thing I talked myself out of that one since Kemah isn't there anymore!:)

My friend at school told me about a local one November 1st & we are planning on running it together! There's also one at the end of October for Red Ribbon Week, so I might try to run that one also!

Let me know if you want to join me!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Well...dadgummit, Autumn. I guess I'm going have to get off my lazy booty and run or something. I, too, said that I was going to run a 5K this year -- then we were suddenly moving to California and it seems like the crazy train hasn't stopped to let me off yet. I really need to get in shape, it's just getting sad. So please keep posting that you're running/whatever else so that I'll feel guilty and actually do something too!

sockiepuppetsmom said...

Send me an invite to a challenge and I will do it with you:)

Faith said...

WOW! Two 5Ks within a week of each other?! Are you trying to kill yourself? Good-luck.

Missy said...

I hope you do it. You'll have to tell me all about it! I need advice.
Good Luck!

Joy said...

Thanks for leaving me a note on my blog. I appreciate it!
I hope you're having a wonderful weekend and are enjoying your new exercise routine.