Friday, August 29, 2008

Batten Down the Hatches...

Is that the saying? Well, I *might* get another week off of school! They (you know who they are) are predicting that Hurricane Gustav will come our way. We were told at school this afternoon to get prepared today & tomorrow. We signed up for a volunteer list just in case our school has to house evacuees. I'm off to fill our cars up with gas & get a few things that we will need just in case.

I felt so blessed to be able to volunteer at school (I volunteered Tyson & the kids also!)~Pray for us!

Anyways, we won't know until Monday for sure what the status is since the storm isn't supposed to hit land until 1:00~

Wish us the best!

3 comments:

Mary said...

We will be thinking of you. Let us know when things get back to normal. We were without power for 5 days last winter and it can get pretty tiresome.
Aunt Mary

Francie said...

Stay safe and keep those littles close by especially if there are strangers coming from all parts.

Missy said...

I hope you guys do OK. I've been watching the storm trackers cuz my parents live on the west side of Florida. You never really know where they're gonna go. Are you pretty close to the coast?? I didn't know. Good luck. We'll be praying for you...