Friday, September 21, 2007

What's your Favorite?

We have been eating out entirely too much~we've all gained weight except maybe Jed. HAHA Not to mention the hit our bank account takes every single time we eat out. Those of you who know me~know I HATE the thought of cooking, but I'm going to try to be better. So what I need from you is your favorite recipe~either post it in your comment or shoot it to me in an email.

This past week I fixed Chicken Quesadillas & the whole family ate without complain!~it was an amazing experience~probably one we'll never experience again.

So let me hear your favorite~(& easy is good too!)

6 comments:

LaNan said...

I love easy. Here's one.....

Boil some egg noodles. Microwave a bag of frozen (homestyle or italian or whatever) meatballs. Cook up a packet or 2 of brown gravy....Serve it up---noodles, meatballs and gravy and the top. TA DA!!!! Easy Swedish Meatballs.

sockiepuppetsmom said...

I'm right there with you! Did I ever give you my 5bean chili recipe or the taco soup? The 6 bea chili you put in the crockpot....I love crockpot cooking!

Jenn said...

I have SEVERAL fab recipes. All time family favorite is hot dogs. Ingredients:bread, chili, shredded cheese, wieners, and fritos. Heat up the chili, add wieners. When the wieners are warm put them on bread add chili and shredded cheese. Serve fritos as a side. Let me know how your family likes it! LOL :)

Francie said...

One thing I did last week was to pick 5 recipes from allrecipes.com and then I did a quick inventory of the pantry to see what ingredients I would need to buy. I then tried to stick to my recipe menus and not eat out. I missed one of the recipes but everything else I made. Here's Uncle Ron's favorite:

Ham and Cheese Quiche

2 T flour
1/2 t salt
1 c. halt & half
3 eggs
2 slices Swiss cheese
1 pie crust 9 in
1/2 c. chopped spinach (frozen variety-thawed and drained)
1/2 c. canned mushrooms opt.
1 c. chopped ham
1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350. beat together flour, salt, half and half and eggs in bowl. Place swiss cheese in uncooked pie shell. arrange spinach over swiss cheese then cover w/ mushrooms. Cover w/ ham and top w/ cheddar cheese. Bake 45-55 min. Done when knife comes out clean.

Enjoy!

Faith said...

Here are a couple that we all like:

Boil egg noodles and drain.
Brown ground Italian sausage.
Add a jar of Alfedo sauce to the sausage and heat.
Pour sausage/sauce over noodles. Substitute chunks of browned chicken for a variation.

Grease a cake pan with olive oil.
Pour a box of Rice-a-Roni evenly in the pan (uncooked)
Lay chicken pieces on the top. We like legs and thighs, but occasionally use chicken breasts.
Add a can of cream of chicken soup and a can of Swanson chicken broth.
Pour Rice-a-Roni seasoning packets on top. Cook until chicken is done.

For vegetables, green beans, collard greens, etc. have more flavor when cooked in chicken broth than in water.

Ashley said...

Autumn--This is Ashley Williamson...email me and I will give you some awesome "quick" recipes...I just found your blog and Im in love with it...What a cute little family you guys have!!! :)

email me at
ashleywilliamson@gmail.com