Monday, September 17, 2007

Cute Halloween Gift


In case you are looking for something & I know you are! haha Here's something cute that Caroline got from a little boy at daycare. I came across it when I was pulling stuff out to decorate for fall around here. I was just going to do a little something for the kids teachers, so this is what they are getting.

It's a small witch's cauldron with a tag attached to it that has this little poem

Witch Brew

Start with lots of owl’s eyes.
Sprinkle in some colorful flies.
Toss in pointy toes of lizards.
And a bunch of chicken gizzards.

Add blood drops in small doses.
And some little cute ghost noses.
Stir in fine bones of a bat
Along with fat claws from a cat.

That’s one cup of each in a black pot.
And don’t forget ants…they add a lot.
The following substitutions are allowed,
But only for the VERY wimpy crowd!

Owl’s eyes: Peanuts
Colorful flies: M&M’s
Toes of Lizards: Candy Corn
Chicken Gizzards: Chex Mix
Ghost Noses: Miniature Marshmallows
Bones of a Bat: Potato Sticks
Claws from a Cat: Sunflower Seeds
Ants: Raisins




The girl who made it made the really big tags, but I don't think I'll make mine quite as big~of course she might have had to get all the words on it.

anyways, there's my treat to you!

3 comments:

sockiepuppetsmom said...

Love it! I can't wait to see it in person:) I love the decorations too. I'm hoping to get mine out tomorrow.

LaNan said...

Oh how cute! Might have to make that for teachers too. ;-)

Francie said...

I love all the decorations and handmade items. Too cute! That calendar is much larger than I thought.