Thursday, August 12, 2010

~Thrill of the Hunt~AKA Good Deals @ WalGreens

I enjoy couponing & finding good deals, but when I'm working I rarely have the time to do it much, so I do most of it in the summer, BUT this summer we've been busy so I haven't done it much now either! I'm trying to get back in the swing of doing it & try to do it more during the school year!

Yesterday morning I searched the Sunday ads (online) to find who had the best school supply deals. I found the most deals at Walgreens. I sat down and made a list with each item I needed and how much it was supposed to be. It's a good thing I did~their school supply aisle was a mess of sale signs and of course some things you needed a coupon. It was a total pain, BUt I got some GREAT deals!

The one worth talking about was this~This week WalGreens has Buy 1 Get 1 free on Hanes underwear, socks & t-shirts! I swore I was throwing all my kids underwear out and buying new~I got Jed 2 packs of boxer briefs(each pkg only had 3 pairs~I don't understand that~boys need less underwear than girls?). They didn't ring up on sale but the manager told the cashier to give them to me. They were on display with the rest of the Hanes so I'm not sure what the deal was.

SO...2x6.99=13.98-6.99=6.99

THEN each package had $1 off coupons on them so I was able to use both of them.

6.99-2=4.99 for 2 packages of underwear that I was going to buy anyways!


Then for the girls I bought each one a pkg (they had 8 I think)

SOOO..2x8.99=17.98-8.99=8.99

THEN each pkg had $1 off coupons on them so I used them again!

8.99-$2=6.99 for 2 pkgs of underwear!!!

I bought several other things that I thought were a good deal

CopperTone Spray Sunscreen-6.99 w/ $1 RR

They have gum on sale for .99 cents w/ coupon.

Also, 32 oz Gatorade 5 for $5

Check out their School supply sale. I found quite a bit of what my kids needed for cheap.

Happy Shopping!

1 comment:

Francie said...

Sweet! I need to do some deal shopping but just way too busy.

Good Job!