Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Cub Scouts!

OK I know, I know! I've moaned and groaned about this calling since I've been called to do it. If you haven't heard me moaning & groaning, consider yourself lucky! It's starting to grow on me~I think because 1)I'm figuring out my own activities to get the achievements marked off for the boys & 2)those activities were more enjoyable then the ones they (BSA) have lined out for you as a leader! The BSA provides this thing called Program Helps & all of the big Scouters think it's the best thing since sliced bread, me on the other hand, thinks it needs to go in the trash! LOL

One of the leaders for the older boys taught the boys about pocketknife safety & then we made a carving from soap. I think the boys really enjoyed it!Here's Jed with his soap carving.



I called Home Depot & asked if they would donate some of there free project kits that they offer on Saturdays to our PACK! They did~so next week we are making those!


Then in a couple of weeks, I've talked Tyson into helping me teach the boys how to make Marshmallow Shooters. Then the week after we are going to have a marshmallow war at our house in the backyard! I am so excited! LOL See I told you it was growing on me!

And the best discovery this week, I found a free app on my Iphone for CubScouts! It's called BragVest & you can track what your scout has accomplished on that app! It's so awesome & I know I'm turning into a Scouting Nerd! :) I'm figuring I'll be in this calling for awhile so I might as well embrace it right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cub scout kits? What kits? we don't know anything about donating kits :) Haha!