I am so excited about this next project...We've been needing a new kitchen table for awhile but I'm so picky when it comes to furniture & usually Tyson & I can't agree on the same thing, so we just put it off. LOL So several months ago we were driving by a house in our neighborhood & Tyson saw this massive table top out by the road. He went up to the door and asked if we could have it, of course they said we could so he went back and got it.
We've had the tabletop for probably 6 months and needed to buy the legs but the legs at Lowe's were going to be like $120. Did I mention we are cheap too? LOL The other day some people down the road from us got evicted & threw a table out by the road. Tyson went and got the legs off of it! SCORE!!! I was wanting to get it painted and finished before we go back to school on Tuesday, so he brought it in. It's laying across the top of my old table right now, but hopefully it will be standing all by itself!
Another project I tackled while we were on Spring Break was cleaning out the kitchen cabinets! It was another "who keeps this crap" project! Seriously, I threw out a whole trash bag of trash from those cabinets AND added more to the garage sale pile! Again, my cabinets have a little breathing room!
This is a pic of Heather cooking. She is becoming quite independent these days & is enjoying cooking! She is cooking our dinner in this picture, which was breakfast! :) She loves to bake cakes and they are YUM-O!:)


3 comments:
Good for you in getting your table top and gams(legs :0). Don and I enjoy "dumpster diving." Right now, we have a lawn mower our neighbors set on the curb. The garbage truck didn't pick it up so don went out and wheeled it into the garage.
If we can't use it, we'll give it to Thrift Haven a local thrift store run by our churches. The proceeds go to Fair Haven Children's Home.
Neat photo of Heather cooking your supper!!
I love to dumpster dive, it must run in the family. Great that Heather like's to cook too!
Post a Comment