Of course in Texas we nearly always have sun in some form, whether it is alone, with rain, snow~and I have a love/hate relationship with the sun. I love to be in it, but I don't want to be hot. Then I want a little color but I don't want a sunburn or skin cancer. But I'm always happy for summer & most of the time if I have my sunglasses & a bottle of water I'm good.
Today Tyson decided he needed to wash his truck so enlisted the kids to help. Of course, it's really just an excuse for them to get wet & an excuse for him to soak up some sun.

Jed ALWAYS has a crazy look on his face in every picture!
Earlier today on our way home from Wal-Mart we promised the kids a watermelon, so we bought one from a guy on the side of the road. The way we eat watermelon is by cutting it open and handing everyone a spoon. I told Tyson to cut it open and put half in the fridge but when I saw that it was a yellow watermelon I told them to dig in. It was ok but it would have been better ice cold and red/pink!

Then Jed had the great idea to get a straw and stick it in the melon to suck the juice out of it, so of course the girls had to join in.

Then everyone (except me, of course) had to have a watermelon seed spitting fight. Here's Caroline showing off her technique.

Then I made Tyson take a self portrait with me. I don't know if he was thrilled about it but for a first SPT I thought it turned out pretty good.

(No, I haven't gotten a new camera. I took these with Heather's~I thought they turned out ok.)


3 comments:
Oh what fun. I'm not that fond of yellow watermelon. Red/pink is the best. Iced down. Your grandmother always wanted a big ol' slice of watermelon each summer. But she liked red/pink.
Aunt Mary
welcome to spt! i love all of your photos for this week's *sun* challenge.
we enjoyed some ice cold pink watermelon tonight. i don't know if i dare show my son that straw technique :)
Such a cute family. Never been a watermelon fan, but the kids love it!!
Post a Comment