Monday, January 19, 2009

~My Word for 2009~

I talked about goal setting in this post

New Years Goals

and I mentioned picking a word for the year~I don't ever think I got around to picking a word last year~

This year my word is going to be ENJOY!!!

Sometimes I tend to get caught up in the stress of life & I forgot to really ENJOY things that are happening around me! Maybe I'll get around to ordering a necklace or a ring to wear daily so I will be reminded DAILY of my word!

One thing I've been ENJOYING lately is reading the scriptures with my family~each night we pile up in our bed and we read one chapter together as a family~some nights it means the kids get into bed later but it's worth it to know that they are learning the principles of the gospel and that we are able to have those teachable moments with them!

So go ahead and pick your word, then be sure to post about it!

4 comments:

delorese king said...

I totally misunderstood you I thought you meant a word a day. Okay here is my word for the year "Family" it is the most important thing a family can do is talk with one another. Aunt Dee

I think I will have a neckless made with the word Family

Mrs. McDaniel said...

I can link you to a website that makes cute stuff~I'll find it and post it for you.

Francie said...

OMG Your blog is one that I look forward to everyday! I don't have a word for the year....who knows.
Caroline's tooth story HILARIOUS!
Sharing the scripture reading moment is priceless. Inspiring...guess your mom and I will have to suffice with curling up with Rascal and Max and read a chapter or two. :)

sockiepuppetsmom said...

That is a great word, I keep telling myself I am enjoying being preggo even though I am sick all the time! LOL! Hopefully one day soon I won't be sick any more and we can hang out again!!