Saturday, January 09, 2010

~Some GOOD reads~

It's been a pretty good week with going back to school and all! Our start at the new school went pretty smoothly, except for some minor glitches which really could have been bad! One being I have a mysterious water leak in my room~with no water source! They are working on it but needless to say I have 2 holes in my wall & still have water on the floor! LOL Oh well their problem & my boss man SWEARS it will be fixed!:)


On too the GOOD reads! For some reason yesterday I was extremely tired~I don't know if it was because I was getting back into the swing of things or I'm trying to get sick~hopefully, the first! :) I just wanted to curl up with a good book & read, but I didn't want to have to go to Wal-Mart to buy it. Then I remembered that I have the Kindle app on my Ipod Touch~so I bought it on there & started reading away! The book I chose is called "The Help", so far it's been really good & a pretty easy read (I'm on Chapter 7). If you decide to check it out, let me know what you think of it.

Another GOOD read I wanted to share is this blog


Inspirational Weight Loss Blog

I've had several people ask what I am doing to lose weight~I've lost 20 lbs over the past 6/7 months. I switched to drinking water (Large water from Sonic, extra ice & lemons~YUM-O! & it lasts all day!) which is a HUGE accomplishment for me b/c you know I'm a Pepper right! LOL Anyways, a friend & I started walking this past summer~we walked 3 1/2 miles everyday & were both discouraged that we were losing any weight! At the end of the summer we joined the local gym, & I started going to the kickboxing class~I started noticing a few lbs coming off. Once school started, I didn't get to the gym as much as I wanted to b/c there just wasn't time. I tried to go to the step aerobics class in the evenings, but I wasn't real consistent. Some friends of mine went to the gym in the mornings so I started going with them~5:30~I went with them a few times then I wanted to start running so I started going more often. I try to go 5 days a week! I run on MWF and do some other kind of cardio on T/Th~I added in the weight machines recently. I'm running with the Couch to 5K program & I'm now on week 7~I can run for 25 minutes straight~which is a miracle!:) I have about 15 lbs more to lose~hopefully I'll be done by summer~

OK back to the GOOD read blog~One of the things that motivated me when I was first starting is looking at before & after pictures of people who have lost weight! It's amazing what dedication can do for you! I think this girl at 19 is awesome! I'm proud of her & don't even know her! I've only read through a few of her posts but have enjoyed them so far~again, let me know what you think! *Be sure to scroll down to the very bottom & look at the slideshow all the way through!*

I'll be back later with my menu for the week!;)

Have a good one!

2 comments:

delorese king said...

I have been considering getting a Kindel, just not sure if I would use it enough to justify it.

Jessica said...

Good for you!