Saturday, February 21, 2009

Mistreating my Windows (AKA decorating 101)

My bloggy friend Holly at Marathon Bird posted about this great blog The Nester. Over at the Nester, she discusses home decorating at it's finest! Well, I saw the "mistreatments" Holly did on her windows and I have seriously been looking forward to Saturday all week so I could work my kitchen windows over! I have 3 windows in my Kitchen/Dining room and we've lived in our house for 2 years exactly! Here's the befores





Here's the afters



The first photo is the 2 windows in the dining room together! I'm so excited about my new windows (not the blisters on my fingers!)

I have to run back to HL to get some more trim to do the window over the sink!

Thanks so much Holly for sharing that great website! I can't wait to do my bedroom windows!

7 comments:

sockiepuppetsmom said...

Ok SUPER cute!! What is the website your friend gave you?? I'm dreading doing my bedroom ones because I have to line my fabric...ugh!

Holly said...

They look FAB! Isn't it wonderful the difference they make--I'm thinking why did I wait so long?

Thank goodness for glue guns, fabric, fringe and of course Hobs!

Francie said...

Those look so cute! You never cease to totally amaze me.

Missy said...

super cute! i need to do mine!

Mary said...

Oh man. I love those. I need to do some windows too, but I'm lame when it comes to "mistreatments". LOL. I need some ideas. Mind if I borrow your ideas.
Aunt Mary

The Nester said...

Great job! It really finishes off the room!

delorese king said...

Love the decorating ideas! They look swell.