Sunday, July 08, 2007

Just Couldn't Do It Today...

7-7-7 wasn't a very lucky day for us. We came back to Texas from OK yesterday and it was a mess. One thing after another happened and I was never so glad to be home. We got our flights without trouble but the ticket agent in OK was a hateful, disgruntled employee. I"m thinking about writing a letter~he so doesn't need to be working for SWA! So our flights were ok! When we got to Houston it was storming and they wouldn't let the baggage people unload the planes until the lightening stopped~which I completely understand, but oh my gosh when they did unload the planes it was like 10 flights and you should have seen the luggage mess in the baggage claim area. One of my suitcases was lost and I was stressed of course it couldn't be the suitcase with the unimportant stuff it was the big one that had everything in it. UGH! I couldn't decide what to do b/c I hated to drive 3 hours home only to drive 3 hours back today to get the stupid thing.

Caroline was hollering she needed to go potty so we went to the bathroom (& the cleaning lady fussed at us and told us to find another bathroom.) So after we finished in the bathroom, I went back to file a claim on my bag and there it was on the carousel! I was so happy, but it took 2 hours to get my luggage.

So we head to the car & I was so excited b/c that meant I could head home. Get to the car and it's DEAD!!! won't unlock, anything! Thankfully the Parking Spot guy said he could jump it off so he did and it started right up. Guess it's time for a new battery.

So we are headed home now at around 9:00pm~2 hours later than planned. I got to humble and stopped at McDonald's to get the kids some supper. Jed takes one drink of his dr. pepper and starts saying he needs to use the bathroom really bad. So I stop at a gas station & we all go in and the girl says the bathroom is out of order but we could go across the street. Well, TOO LATE~he pees in his pants in the parking lot. UGH!!! He's all bent out of shape b/c he's wet his pants. Of course Caroline needs to go~so we go across the street to use the bathroom & jed's crying and carrying on b/c i didn't get him a shirt. UGH!!! Finally at midnight we get home & I could not bring myself to go to church this morning.

I hope He forgives me & maybe 7-8-07 will be a better. It's a good thing I didn't get married yesterday, it probably wouldn't have worked! LOL

3 comments:

Francie said...

oh my gosh....that sounds horrible but oh so funny! I bet glad Tyson was glad to see you but even more glad he wasn't a part of that exciting potty time. :) You have just about the sweetest little ones in the world.

LaNan said...

Yikes, what a rotten day! Doesn't it feel so good to be in your own home? Your comment about getting married...too funny!

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I was just sent the link to your blog...glad to find it. That makes for a really horrible trip home! Glad you made it back even if it wasn't without extreme effort.
Sunshine