Saturday, May 15, 2010

~Sail Away with Me~


when we first got on the boat
Tyson & I went on a 4 day cruise with our friends Ted & Kasi! My mom came down and stayed with the kids while we were gone~Thanks MOM!!! It started out great~we hit all the food stations we could before dinner, but the first night it all went down hill after dinner! I got soooo sick & was sick for the rest of the trip! I think it was a combination of what I ate (the fancy food) and then the motion sickness! Ugh I was miserable!


The first evening we went to watch a show, of course we couldn't take pictures but it was pretty lame! Heather's dance recitals are a million times better than the shows on Carnival~I really felt bad/embarrassed for the dancers. It was pretty comical!


The next day I was pretty sick the whole day~I had to tread lightly! Tyson wanted to eat, eat, eat & I couldn't stand to be around the food, but I took one for the team and tried to keep my puke to myself! haha just keeping it real here folks! I asked for some saltine crackers at lunch and he came out with this bowl full~I thought it was funny b/c I was expecting a couple of packs!



We went to play Bingo. We didn't win but the guy next to us did~$600! That evening we went to watch the comedian. I can't remember her name but she was pretty funny! Friday night was our Elegant Night! Of course I didn't eat, but I went for the company!




Saturday we docked in Cozumel! This was our favorite! It was beautiful & thank goodness I felt great the whole day! We walked around and baragined with a few guys at the shops right when we got off the boat. We rented a Jeep & then drove to a place called Mr. Sanchos beach! It was pretty there & we laid on the beach & played in the ocean all day! We snorkeled a little right next to the beach, then later Tyson & Ted went out in a boat and snorkelled for an hour and saw lots more! I'll have to do it next time but I didn't want to be too far out since I had been sick! Kasi & I got massages on the beach & then we just chilled while we waited on the guys to get back!

the king of bargains at the beach~he gave us the best deals in town! haha
After the guys got back we drove around the island before we had to get back to the boat. I wonder how many people get left behind at their ports?


Saturday night we watched another comedian~he was kind of crazy and not quite as funny as the first lady! I think we watched another show~painfully!

Sunday was Mother's Day and another sea day! We chilled and relaxed on the deck & soaked up the sun! Tyson tried the water slides on board! I finally was able to eat a grilled ham & cheese sandwich for lunch.


Our favorite thing to do every night was to go watch karaoke! It was a lot of fun & there were several people who were actually pretty good at it!


We had a good time despite me being sick! We went to find out what it was all about & now we know what to do for our next one!
Tyson tried lots of new stuff while we were on the boat~here he is eating sushi!yuck!

4 comments:

Francie said...

You are probably the only person who lost weight on the cruise. Sorry you were sick. :(

Jessica said...

Hey guess what, I'm booked for the same cruise in October! Now I'm worried I'll be sick the whole time. :-D You better email me some tips.

Faith said...

Glad that you two were able to go on vacation together, but sorry that you were sick!

delorese king said...

Hey I had the motion thing going on too but not as sick as you, when I got back home I swayed in my chair for about a week. No kidding. Like you said, Vidi Vida Vici. Who know I might try it again.