Tuesday, April 07, 2009

*Wait a Minute~What are we talking about here?*

STOP.THE.PRESSES.

I know what you are thinking~what in the world? Are you sitting down because this one my friends you are NOT going to believe!!!!

I actually used something out of my food storage. I know, huh? MIRACLE!!!! Now I know you are sitting there asking what in the world did I use?

DRUM ROLL PLEASE.....




that green bucket is my 25 lbs of flour~when I first put it up I had no clue what I was going to do with it, I mean I really don't use flour b/c I don't cook from scratch but Kristi at Everything's Pink has posted about these homemade pretzels several times & I've been wanting to try them so I got the gumption to do it the other night




They actually turned out! The kids helped me roll them out and make them so they look kind of funny! The only thing I was missing was pretzel salt, but I picked some up at the store so we'll have it the next time I make these.

So for once I'm actually excited about Food Storage! So I'm sharing THIS secret with all my peeps!

I found this FABULOUS blog the other night and I really can't remember how.





Food Storage Made Easy
And the girls over there have put together all their information in a nifty binder for us!!! I'm so excited!! I think their website ROCKS because for me it has to be EASY!!! So scoot on over there and check them out!!!

5 comments:

sockiepuppetsmom said...

They look VERY yummy! I'll have to go check that blog out!

Francie said...

I would have never even thought to make homemade pretzels but the ones Devin made were really, really yummy and yours looks so good as well. I'll have to give it a try. Good job, well done and I'll definitely check out "Food Storage Made Easy"

Mary said...

I've used some of the info. from Food Storage Made Easy...I have used a lot of Latter Day sites to prepare my food storage things. I'm not great at it, but I do have a few things working. I have 50 lbs of flour and 75 lbs of rice. Hey it's a good start. Good job on the pretzels. Yummmmm!
Aunt Mary

Faith said...

They look yummy! Can you please post a link to the recipe?

Missy said...

Those look so yummy!!