Ok I promise this is going somewhere~we have however been blessed in other ways and so far we are good! so really I can't complain, but DANG! someone needs to get their act together. So then we move on to the Workforce Solutions who is supposed to be helping Tyson get his school paid for~but no one can tell him if this semester is going to be taken care of. And of course Tyson doesn't push the issue, So I got on the phone yesterday to the director of financial aid at the college and found out that the school will be taken care of for this semester if the stupid workforce office will fax a letter stating they aren't going to take care of it. UGH!!! Even the lady I talked to at the college yesterday was frustrated.
So then I came home and looked up his claim status online last night and it said that he will be getting back pay for the last month and we should have it by Wednesday!
WOOHOO!!!! I know their game they want you to get frustrated and forget about it but HA! I've got them figured out and we are going to beat them at their own game!!! I know I'm awful!
So, the best exciting news~we cashed out Tyson's 401K because we had to do something with it and this was the best option for us right now! and now this

is mine all mine!!! I'm so excited because it will free up a large amount of money each month and it's actually paid for before it quits! haha
Today we took Jed and a few of his friends to Laser Tag to have a birthday party. He requested these cupcakes.
I thought they turned out cute.
Here's the latest project Tyson has been up too~he's had big plans for this area of our yard since we moved in 2 years ago and since he's got all this free time on his hands these days he's been working on it.
here's the before

here's the afters
Of course Tyson isn't bored enough yet to replace a part on my car that I've had for um, like 6 months! haha We'll see how long it lasts!!!


7 comments:
That pond is amazing! So were the cupcakes. Congratulations on getting the car paid off. Good to hear that ya'll are finally getting some answers from Unemp. and Financial Dept.
Yea!!! for the McDaniels! Nice job on the pond. Years ago when Ron was laid off I think it was a couple of months before we got his unemployment. We were cashing Savings Bonds to pay the rent. Crazy...Hang in there it will get better.
The yard looks awesome! Congrats on a paid-off car, too! I have known other people who had the same kind of run-arounds with any kind of gov't financial aid. What a pain. I love how they make it so easy for you to pay IN to the system, not so easy for the system to pay OUT. :-p
I love the pond. Glad to hear about the ride. Dealing with any kind of local, city, state, or federal agency is the pits. They certainly don't make it easy. I've not ever done the unemployment thing, but I hear it can be a real bear to deal with. Hang in there.
Aunt Mary
I'm glad you're finally getting some answers from someone! It's awful how much they make you jump through hoops when they know you are out of work and need the money! The pond looks great! I never did get back there to see it the other night...tell Tyson I said it looks awesome!
I'm glad that you finally got some good news!
Happy Birthday, Jed!
Tell Tyson the pond looks great!
congrats on the money, the vehicle, and no payments!!
your yard looks awesome, too! :o)
Post a Comment